Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Signs of the Season













A beautiful morning today in the village of Raquette Lake. The colors are changing a lot in certain places. It seems early, but a careful assessment proves otherwise. The maples are still in their summer coats. The changes seem mostly related to the wetland trees. There is a really nice little pond right on Rt. 28 near the village. I've done a few simple things there over the years, but today I was determined to dig into it a little. Today I was captured by the subtle variations in the earth-tone colors of the trees bordering the pond. The image I made looks like chaos at first, but there is a definite simple structure and the more I look at it the more I see. I'll look at it again six months from now and decide whether I really like it or not!