Sunday, March 13, 2011

CBG Afterglow

Photo by Karen Krugman


















I've made a lot of changes to my macro program at Cleveland Botanical Garden. This weekend was the third time I've led a program in conjunction with Orchid Mania. I think overall the participants have always ended the weekend feeling that they've learned a lot, but I have always felt that the structure of the program didn't allow me to get enough across. This time, however, I left CBG feeling that the program resulted in a big step up in the participants' work. I was really happy to see how many nice images were shown during the final critique. I was even happier to see how much exploration was happening, with everyone working hard to dig deeper and deeper into their subjects, trying to get their defining image.

If this weekend was any indication, this is going to be a great workshop year for me...