Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Night Shooting Fun



















I haven't spent much time over the years doing night photography, although I've always enjoyed looking at other people's work. Well, this week I'm a participant in Mark Bowie's workshop for API, Photographing the Night Landscape, which is taking place in Inlet, NY. It's great to be shooting with everyone instead of worrying about all the little details of the workshop. I think I'll attend my company's workshops more often!

This is one of my images from the first evening in Raquette Lake. We had great conditions; few bugs, warm temperature, mostly clear sky. I'm so used to being on this bridge when it's a lot colder, this was like a trip to the beach.

All-in-all, it seems like everyone is having a great time! And I can't wait to keep working on my night photography as the seaason progresses...